Sunday 30 March 2014

Great to meet you


One of the best things about photography is that it provides opportunities to meet wonderful people.

I spent most of today in Birmingham taking photographs of members of a Christian community. They were great hosts, treating me to a delicious meal, and made every effort to accommodate my (sometimes demanding) photographic requests.

They even agreed to go out onto the streets of Aston and carry out a litter-pick so that I could get pictures of them working in the community.

But while we were doing this, we met other local people, who were so warm and friendly. The chap pictured above actually called me away from what I was doing and asked me to take his picture with a buggy-load of items he was taking for scrap.

I returned home boosted by the day and with a lot of strong pictures for my end-of-year show.

No comments:

Post a Comment