Thursday 13 March 2014

Light fantastic


I took this shot of my college for a new prospectus. Hopefully it will be used in the final version.

I was pleased with the way it turned out because I had never experimented before with light trails and it took a fair bit of experimentation to get it looking right.

My tutor showed me the best way to tackle it. And when I say that, I don't mean simply the exposure times and the art of getting smooth light trails. He also remembered to switch on all the lights in the college building and open all the blinds so that we didn't have to carry out hefty Photoshop work afterwards.

That's what I call covering all the bases. Incidentally, the picture was shot through a 10-20 wide angle lens, at an aperture of f22 (ensuring maximum sharpness throughout), with an ISO of 200 and an exposure time of six seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment