Friday 28 March 2014

Hair we go...


I had to rig up a temporary studio today to take some photographs and ease the pressure on a colleague shooting in the main studio. It was all good experience.

I had to photograph models who had been adorned in whiskers and wigs by media make-up students. It was fairly straightforward, although I did find it slightly problematical working with continuous lighting rather than flash.

I had a couple of Bowens lights, but they were not exactly the most powerful ones. It meant that I had to increase the ISO to a level that was uncomfortably high for my liking.

But the images came out well and I was really pleased that I could approach something like this with far more confidence than in my early days on my course. Setting up the equipment and managing the shoot was actually an enjoyable - rather than slightly stressful - experience!


No comments:

Post a Comment