Saturday 30 November 2013

Punch and Judy


I have now visited the steam railway museum six times and there comes a point where ideas for shots are more difficult to come by.

But I like a challenge, and I think I need some practice in ideas generation. I do still sometimes behave like a rabbit caught in the headlights even when presented with a completely fresh scenario to photograph.

This part of the museum - a seaside mock-up featuring a Punch and Judy show and some fairground games - has proved notoriously difficult to photograph in the past, according to my tutor. So I thought that was a good starting point!

I had an idea to use my flash to add drama to the Punch and Judy tent, and shoot through a nearby archway to frame the tent and enhance the overall appeal for the viewer. A model helped to bring the shot to life.

I was quite pleased with the picture, although I am bothered by a sliver of black down the left-hand side of the archway, which spoils the smooth line.

No comments:

Post a Comment