Saturday 23 November 2013

Lessons learned


This shot was taken on my latest visit to the steam railway museum and was subjected to hefty Photoshop work to make it interesting enough to post on here.

The truth is, I screwed up with this particular scene and am going to have to do it all again. I had much better shots than this, taken from behind the chap at the desk, but it was only when I was tidying up the best of these images in Photoshop that I realised I had left some of my kit at the back of the shot.

There are so many things you have to remember as a photographer - and only a fraction of these things involve aperture and shutter settings. One of my weaker areas is remembering to tidy up the scene before shooting. If I had a pound for the number of times I had taken a picture, then spotted later on that there was a piece of rubbish in the background, I would be a very rich man.

Anyway, not too much damage has been done. I'm back at the museum again this coming week, so I'll get it right next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment